Once you have completed your high school, there are several options that you could consider and one of it could be furthering your studies.
If this option only reminds you of painful routines such as waking-up early in the morning, rushing to classes, preparing for your tests and exams, completing your assignments and nothing else, that is simply because you are focussing on the past.
Now try this.
Look forward and imagine your bright future perhaps ten year from now. An advanced phase where you have completed your studies, earned your scroll and productively contributing to your family as well as the society.
Try to cultivate in your mind that getting a higher qualification is an investment for your future lifestyle. Let’s examine what are the perks of having a tertiary education :
- Highly educated people are mostly respected and recognised as ideal leaders particularly in commercial organizations. When you have higher education, you speak with authority and sound more credible.
- Salary packages and job promotions often commensurate with the level of education of an individual employee. With good income or earnings, you are able to improve yourself socially and economically.
- Higher education and professional training allows you to specialize in the field of your interest. You will have the opportunity to master a profession and be a subject-matter expert if you are really good at it. Sound knowledge and skills contribute to a progressive and civilised society.
- University or college syllabus prepares your mind to be critical and analytical in solving complex issues. It matures your thoughts, stretches your intelligence and enhances your creative thinking skills. Those skills are important particularly when handling crises and problems.
- Your experience as a student at university or college could also assist you to shape a strong personality and build positive character as well. You get to mingle with people from diverse background. This kind of exposure will sharpen your communication skills, increase your confident level and make you to be more independent.
- Education affirmed by faith instils a deep sense of right and wrong. It promotes good behaviour and positive moral values.
The list goes on and on actually.
But one thing for sure, the scroll that you earned stays with you forever regardless of what happen to your car, home or other personal belongings. It is permanently and personally attached to you, so why not give it a try?
Tell us about your dream course and inspire the rest of the world with your views.
Good luck in your educational pursuits!
Feature Author :
Sukma Murni Ab Hadi
(Learning Specialist & Career Consultant)